This tool is meant to make hiring easier for Washington’s aerospace and advanced manufacturing companies.
This is an ongoing list of Washington’s community and technical colleges that have aerospace and advanced manufacturing programs. Each listing details credits, program descriptions, skill sets (as taught in each program), contact information, and graduation dates.
Aerospace and advanced manufacturing industry companies can contact the community and technical college nearest to them and speak directly to an instructor about graduating students.
Looking to change careers and need training?
Use this system to check out colleges and programs near you.
The Engineering Graphics Technician certificate is a one-year program designed to prepare a graphics technician to work directly under the supervision of an engineer or designer producing detailed drawings. Engineering Graphics Technicians are specialists in translating the rough sketches, 3D design models, layouts and written specifications of engineers and designers into a drawing showing the complete details and specifications for the finished product under the close direction of a supervisor.
Engineering Graphics Technician certificate graduates will:
1. Be prepared for a range of entry level positions in the mechanical engineering field with limited responsibilities and scope.
2. Identify and explain common symbols, materials, scales, and terminology used in the field.
3. Demonstrate familiarity with the many tools and techniques associated with design and its application in the work place.
4. Demonstrate familiarity with the many tools and techniques associated with design and its application in the work place.
5. Exhibit analytical thought, informed judgment, and ethical behavior.
6. Produce a professional resume, cover letter, and industry ready portfolio.
7. Demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and technical and information literacy skills.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
11605 132nd Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98034