The role is accountable for ensuring tooling is in proper condition and available for production needs. Tooling will encompass molds, dies, tools, jigs and fixtures from all areas of Canyon Park production. The employee will assess condition of tooling and performs maintenance, repair and cleaning as required. The scope of maintenance will vary from simple to complex and tend to be preventative in nature. Occasional emergency response will be required to resolve in process failures. This role is conducted under limited supervision.
1. Identifies tooling within the plant that requires periodic maintenance. Coordinates with production to remove it from service and make timely repairs.
2. Assesses tooling condition against drawings and identifies if repair is required. Determines an approach, consulting with others and completes the maintenance.
3. Confirms that repaired tooling functions properly when put back into Production.
4. Audits Production to identify tooling and equipment that are not functioning properly and makes repairs.
5. Utilizes the Maintenance Departments Maintenance planning system to track, record and chart tooling maintenance status and service reports.
6. Creates preventative maintenance plans for tooling that requires ongoing support.
7. Meets all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job, as described in Section E: Working Conditions.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Makes recommendations to supervisors and engineering on changes to tooling, processes, operation and equipment to improve productivity and uptime.
2. Provides guidance and training to Production on how to properly use tooling.
3. Works with the Maintenance department on the resolution of equipment issues.
4. Works with other departments to complete more complex repairs.
5. May operate more complicated equipment such as Milling Machines, Lathes, and Presses.
6. Orders repair materials and manage a spares parts inventory.
7. Works with outside vendors on maintenance activities that cannot be completed in house.
1. Able to run drill presses, lathe machines, milling machines, precision surface grinders, cutoff equipment, and hydraulic presses.
2. Comfortable using typical hand and small power tools.
3. Able to reads blue prints and understand requirements pertaining to tooling.
4. General familiarity with the production equipment and tooling in use at Romac.
5. Able to operate a computer and maintain records of maintenance.
6. High school GED.
7. 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing or maintenance environment.
8. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience working in a Repair or Maintenance capacity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.