The Robotic NDI Cell Operator performs a variety of duties and utilizes multiple skill-sets. Operators are required to follow detailed instructions and drawings carefully, have basic mechanical knowledge, manual dexterity, good eyesight and the ability to perform repetitive tasks. Robot operators are primarily responsible for operating a robotic NDI cell, which includes loading and unloading parts, defining robot paths of operation, and performing hardware changes.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Robot Operator:
- Jog and dry run robot to set up processing
- Robotic system programming, both at the machine workstation and pendant
- Reads and understands engineering drawings, geometric dimensioning & tolerancing, and work orders.
- Receives and carries out directions from designated Supervisors and Production Leads.
- Must be able to understand and comply with Safety Practices.
- Identifies and obtains equipment, tools and materials needed to properly perform job function.
- Properly executes Hazardous Material Disposal activities.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly, FOD free condition.
- Knowledge and use of common hand tools.
- An eye for continuous improvement.
- Compliance with 5S, AS9100 and Nadcap Standards and Practices.
- Performs on the job training, AS9100 training and other training as required.
- Works in other Cells to support Production as required, ie; Assembly or Mill Cells.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job.
U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency may be required due to access to sensitive data and our coverage under EAR and ITAR regulations.
High School diploma or GED required, college level or trade school education with a focus on welding is preferred. One or more years of experience in related field may be substituted for education. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
Job duties may include one or more of the following:
- Setup and Operate Robotic NDI Cell
- Use of precision measuring instruments, and working to tight tolerances.
- Understand of math, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Compliance with 5S, AS9100 and Nadcap Standards and Practice
Must be able to sit, stand, or crouch down for extended periods. Must be able to climb ladders and work platforms. Exposed to noise, dust, dirt, and paint fumes. Must be able to work under hot and cold conditions. Personal protective equipment (PPE), safety glasses and respirator will be required. Must be comfortable working within confined spaces and at various heights
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.