The Quality Inspector is responsible to evaluate and determine detail & assembly parts and test articles meet approved drawings and specifications while working under the procedures and policies of ZNAT quality management systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quality Inspector will assure compliance to a variety of dimensional and specification requirements. This includes receiving inspection, in-process inspection, first article inspections, final inspection and customer presentation. The Quality Inspector will validate the physical characteristics as well as the processing requirements and the data certifications of parts with complex geometry and configurations. This position is responsible for insuring component manufacturing documentation is complete, accurate, and in conformance to the various drawings, documents, and company procedures. The Quality Inspector works directly with Manufacturing, Engineering, and the Purchasing departments. Additional responsibilities would also include any other duty assigned by the Quality department management. The Quality Inspector reports directly to the Quality Supervisor.
The Quality Inspector is required, at a minimum, to have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. The Quality Manager or Quality Supervisor can determine whether education and training are “equivalent” based on an individual’s experience. In addition, the Quality manager or Quality Supervisor can determine if skillset, performance or understanding does not support the needs of the position regardless of years of experience.
A Quality Inspector must be:
- A high school diploma or GED, required.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings, diagrams and specifications.
- Able to inspect parts using gauges, scales, micrometers, calipers, height gauges and other hand tools.
- Able to inspect parts using a Faro Arm.
- Able to document findings and fill out First Article Reports (FAI’s) using the AS9102 forms.
- Able to write non-conformance tags for discrepant parts.
- Work independently with little supervision.
- Exhibit ethical independence and judgment of the parts and process.
0 to 2 years’ experience in mechanical inspection with focus on aerospace and manufacturing environment.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Quality Supervisor or Manager.
- The Q.A. Inspector must exhibit a technical aptitude.
- The Q.A. Inspector must be able to read drawing and specifications, understand and follow written procedures and recognize the importance of compliance with ZNAT’s quality requirements.
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements while maintaining ZNAT’s high quality standards.
- Strong computer skills to include understandings of MRP systems, Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Strong analytical, organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Primarily warehouse and manufacturing environment
- Consistent use of computer key board and monitor
- Some travel may be required.
Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds.
Zodiac Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
ID: NAT - 9586