Accountable for ensuring the quality of finished goods, work in process, and/or services provided meet established standards. This is a role that will work in both a managerial and hands on capacity. Will work closely with Production and Engineering and be out on the production floor to achieve results. Staffs the quality department to maintain quality systems with collection of data, resolution of issues and the development of metrics. May help with the development of new systems. Works well with people and employs a style intent on helping people achieve the quality expectations.
1. Directly manages and mentors a team of QA Technicians.
2. Provides visibility on the state of quality within the organization through metrics.
3. Develops documentation, plans and procedures to control and monitor quality.
4. Responsible for collecting data, assembling it and providing analysis on cause, outcomes and trends. Reporting will include scrap, rework, non-conformance reports, material review board activities, and return material authorization findings.
5. Works through resolution of discrepancies and variances both internally and externally. May perform forensic analysis and testing to determine root cause. Leverages expertise of other department in some cases.
6. Ensures incoming material meets quality standards.
7. Qualifies new vendors and confirms they are capable of meeting quality expectations.
8. Conducts internal and external audits and inspections to confirm products meet specification.
9. Identifies opportunities for improvement & either works alone or with others to make changes.
10. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops, reviews and approves customer documents, which may include Certificate of Compliance (COC), Certificate of Material Origin (CMO) and Material Certifications (MTR).
2. Ensures the expectations for quality are properly documented and well communicated to Production.
3. Coordinates third party audits from onsite inspections through non-conformance resolution.
4. Develops or helps to develop new systems to ensure quality and works to implement them.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 5+ years of experience in engineering and/or quality assurance role.
3. 2+ years of experience in management.
4. Able to read and interpret Engineering prints, quality matrices and work instructions to non-complying items.
5. Working knowledge of modern Quality Assurance practices.
6. Able to use tools and equipment necessary to complete inspections, this may include calipers, micrometers, misc gages, coating thickness tester, optical comparator, CMM equipment, Hardness test equipment, thread efficiency tester, and material test equipment.
7. Has knowledge of products and processes similar to those in place at Romac.
8. Knowledge of quality control systems used at Romac.
9. Effective reading, writing, and general mathematical skills.
10. Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
11. Strong communication and customer relations skills.
12. Strong organizational skills, including record keeping and documentation filing abilities.
13. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience with foundry, heat treating, and machining practices.
2. Experience with Oracle materials management software.
3. Licensed to drive forklift; able to operate a reach truck, walkies, and electric pallet jack.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.