The Autoclave is an oven operating under pressure. The Autoclave Tech operates and monitors the Autoclave from a remote PC based console and monitoring stations used to test and cure products manufactured by Janicki Industries. The Autoclave Tech will be certified by appropriate JI personnel and Cell Manager in control of the Autoclave resource.
There are two levels of Autoclave Techs:
I In-training to Basic Operation
II Advanced Security and Systems Operation
Level II will have increased security levels, allowing the modification of settings, blocking out equipment and generating cure recipes for the Autoclave. Cell Manager will assess the capabilities of this Technician.
The following essential job functions are performed as an Autoclave Technician:
- Autoclave Tech must be trained in the following; First Aid, CPR, Blood-born Pathogen, SABA, JI Safe 10.7
- Autoclave Tech will be trained to QMS Documents 200-00140-001 Procedure, B5 Autoclave, 300-00294-001 Instructions, Autoclave #1 Calibration and Maintenance. Comprehension and application of information will be assessed by the Cell Manager.
- Reads, interprets and follows work orders and work instructions requiring strict attention to details
- Receives and carries out directions from designated supervisors and senior technicians
- Sets up and uses electronic monitoring equipment
- Operates, and monitors Autoclave from a remote PC based console, or using local oven controls as required
- Performs critical debris checks of Autoclave/Oven prior to and after use
- Completes ALL documentation of product and processes including: checklists, work orders, data logs and thermocouple maps
- Enters stored files in the Company database as well as Enters the Non-Labor hours in P6
- Understands Nitrogen hazard and response, as well as fire hazard potential, Fire Extinguisher use, and Critical Fire Situation Response
- Incumbent must be able to read, understand and comply with all safety practices including the use of MSDS sheets and hazardous material disposal procedures
- Uses forklifts, Cranes and pallet jacks, moves, locates and balances large parts in the appropriate ovens
- Performs routine minor and major maintenance on equipment including, Autoclave and carts, track, accessories associated with the Autoclave.
- Identifies and uses a variety of power and hand tools, equipment, and material needed to perform job functions
- Trains to AS9100, Nadcap Standards, 5S, and JI Safety rules, and other qualifications as needed
- Must have schedule flexibility to work any shift and/or 12 hour shifts as needed to support oven schedules. When directed, assists in other work areas including, but not limited to, Mold Fab, Machine or Assembly Cells
- Performs other duties as assigned
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN OR LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT FOR THIS POSITION.
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
- High school diploma or GED is required. Beginning operator must have the ability to read, understand and follow work orders and written procedures.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Prior experience in oven operation in a similar setting is preferred.
- Over three months of experience in a construction or other industrial setting is required.
- One year of experience in a directly related field may be substituted for education.
- One year of technical school may be substituted for experience.
- Must be able to obtain Forklift Certification through Janicki Industries.
Must be able to sit, stand or crouch down for extended periods; must be able to work as a team member; must be able to read and interpret technical data, must be able to climb ladders and work platforms, must be able to work in either hot or cold environments. Must be able to use various hand and power tools. Job requires the use of personal protective equipment due to hazards relevant to eyes, ears, skin and lungs.
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.