Hexcel is looking for an I Inspector for their Kent, WA location. The I Inspector is an experienced and versatile
quality assurance inspector that will be responsible for conducting detailed dimensional and visual inspections of
critical parts and assemblies, including first piece, layout, in process, incoming, and final. They are responsible for
documenting inspection findings as well as producing necessary computer generated inspection reports to accept or
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Various customer and Internal certifications will be required to be obtained and maintained.
- Read and understand complex engineering drawings (including MBD) and specifications (PL, title block,
tolerances, sheet, zone, water lines, butt lines, station lines, dimensions, general notes, flag notes, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of first article inspection reports per AS9102.
- Problem solve, research, and navigate from planning or work order documentation to First Article Inspection
Reports (FAIR), Purchase Orders, engineering, specification and other inspection documentation as applicable.
- Independently select and use the appropriate measuring devices for given inspection applications.
- May be required to inspect in multiple areas/processes over varying shift assignments.
- Manage details and meet deadlines with 100% accuracy in a multi-task environment
- Follow direction provided by the lead(s) and supervisor.
- Apply basic knowledge, including understanding, implementation and maintenance, of ISO 9001/AS9100
- Work efficiently within fast pace environment.
- Must comply with all company safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests with a sense of urgency and maintain a customer service-oriented approach.
- Must have 2 years total inspection experience within I Classification.
- Have a history of strong performance: no suspension-level discipline within the last 12 months, proven ability to
work with minimal supervision, and have a positive attitude about safety.
- Must possess basic computer skills and be able to use Microsoft Outlook email.
- Strong reading and analytical skills.
- Excellent attendance record; applicant cannot have more than three (3) infractions.
- Familiar with source inspection activities a plus.
- Experience reading, interpreting, and following work instructions, procedures, contracts, drawings, and
- Push/Pull < 50 lbs
- Lift < 50 lbs
- Carry < 50lbs
- Stand / On Feet 8 hours
- Finger Grasp Frequent
- Reaching Frequent
- Seeing Small Detail Frequent
Apply to: https://www.hexcel.com/Careers/Job-Search