Recent Community College Graduates Matrix
From Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing Programs
This tool is meant to make hiring easier for Washington’s aerospace and advanced manufacturing companies.
This is an ongoing list of Washington’s community and technical colleges that have aerospace and advanced manufacturing programs. Each listing details credits, program descriptions, skill sets (as taught in each program), contact information, and graduation dates.
Aerospace and advanced manufacturing industry companies can contact the community and technical college nearest to them and speak directly to an instructor about graduating students.
Back to List
Adv. Manufacturing - Composites Technology AAS
The Advanced Manufacturing - Composites Technology Degrees prepare students for the wide ranging field of composite structure fabrication and repair. Composites training is coupled with an Advanced Manufacturing core curriculum that includes instruction in non-destructive testing, metrology, computer aided design, and machining.
Occupational fields include, aerospace part manufacturing and repair, yacht and boat construction and repair, sport-related equipment fabrication, the construction of specialized automobile parts, the fabrication of construction materials, and many others. Students are prepared for these fields by learning the physical properties of advanced materials and becoming proficient in composite processing skills that include vacuum bagging, resin infusion, composite oven curing, material use data entry, material resource procurement, and clean room techniques.
In this program, students will successfully acquire all knowledge and skills outlined in the certificates above. These include but are not limited to:
1. Operate tools and equipment safely
2. Handle, store, and use advanced composite materials safely
3. Understand physical properties of various composite materials
4. Produce various types of composite structures
5. Demonstrate ability to critically assess damage and successfully repair composite structures
6. Machine composite parts and core materials
7. Non-destructively test composite parts
8. Precisely measure and document quality and fabrication process of finished composite parts
9. Program and operate CNC machinery in a composite workplace environment
More Programs at
Adv. Manufacturing - Composites Technology - Entry Level Manufacturing
Adv. Manufacturing - Composites Technology AAS-T
Adv. Manufacturing-Composites Technology/ Advanced Materials
Composites Technology CNC Machining & Programming
Composites Technology Composite Structures
Composites Technology Recycling
1502 E Lauridsen Blvd
Port Angeles, WA 98362