Recent Community College Graduates Matrix
From Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing Programs
This tool is meant to make hiring easier for Washington’s aerospace and advanced manufacturing companies.
This is an ongoing list of Washington’s community and technical colleges that have aerospace and advanced manufacturing programs. Each listing details credits, program descriptions, skill sets (as taught in each program), contact information, and graduation dates.
Aerospace and advanced manufacturing industry companies can contact the community and technical college nearest to them and speak directly to an instructor about graduating students.
Back to List
Certificate of Proficiency
Computer-Aided Drafting/Technical Design
This program will introduce students to the process and procedures and software used with Geographic Information Systems. Students will learn to identify and collect data from a variety of sources including public data bases and field surveys, as well as paper, and digitized raster and vector documents, filter and isolate appropriate information, and produce graphic information applicable for a specific purpose. This program also includes exposure to database manipulation for a variety of purposes and disciplines.
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Perform entry level work as a GIS Technician.
- Identify and apply basic GIS techniques and methods as required in the workplace.
- Design and create geospatial maps using GIS software.
- Perform basic database analysis using GIS software.
- Devise database schema required for addressing geospatial problems.
- Develop customized user interfaces appropriate for geospatial investigations.
- Appropriately incorporate GPS, CAD, and historical paper-based record data into a GIS framework.
- Identify geospatial problems and the requisite method, or set of procedures needed to address the issue.
- To construct a clear, presentable cartographic product that addresses a geospatial issue. Understand the software/hardware requirements for implementing a scalable GIS.
- Manipulate data bases from a variety of disciplines using GIS software.
More Programs at
Advanced Composites Manufacturing Technology
Composites Manufacturing Technology
Electronics Technology ATA
Electronics Technology CP
Electronics Technology CR
Engineering Technology AAS
Manufacturing Technology - Principles of Precision Machining
Manufacturing Technology CNC
1600 Chester Ave
Bremerton, WA 98337