This tool is meant to make hiring easier for Washington’s aerospace and advanced manufacturing companies.
This is an ongoing list of Washington’s community and technical colleges that have aerospace and advanced manufacturing programs. Each listing details credits, program descriptions, skill sets (as taught in each program), contact information, and graduation dates.
Aerospace and advanced manufacturing industry companies can contact the community and technical college nearest to them and speak directly to an instructor about graduating students.
The Aerospace Electronics Technician certificate program provides a broad foundation in electronics training. Instruction emphasizes a hands-on approach, use of sophisticated test equipment, and a foundation for learning the hardware and software of control systems for technical applications. The program offers preparation for multiple nationally recognized industry certifications that may lead directly to employment and opportunities for future advancements with companies specializing in manufacturing or servicing all types of electronic equipment, including manufacturing and servicing of aerospace electronics.
Students who complete the Aerospace Electronics Technician certificate will be able to:
1. Correctly and safely use a variety of electrical testing equipment and hand and power tools commonly used in the industrial setting.
2. Comprehend electrical equipment installation and servicing literature.
3. Communicate with other professionals and the general public using terminology appropriate for the aerospace industry.
4. Have a basic understanding of digital logic and industrial automation techniques.
5. Identify specific aerospace-related equipment and service using industry-specific or standardized service techniques.
6. Work safely in the industrial setting.
7. Use applied mathematics and precision measurement techniques.
8. Obtain certifications in: flagging, forklift/PIT operation, OSHA-10, first aid/CPR, NCRC.
Wenatchee Valley College
1300 Fifth St
Wenatchee, WA 98801