This tool is meant to make hiring easier for Washington’s aerospace and advanced manufacturing companies.
This is an ongoing list of Washington’s community and technical colleges that have aerospace and advanced manufacturing programs. Each listing details credits, program descriptions, skill sets (as taught in each program), contact information, and graduation dates.
Aerospace and advanced manufacturing industry companies can contact the community and technical college nearest to them and speak directly to an instructor about graduating students.
The industrial technology – electronics associate of technical science (ATS) program provides training for electronics technicians and maintenance electricians within industrial facilities such as manufacturing plants, wood processing plants, agricultural food storage and processing warehouses, and power generation facilities. It also provides advanced-level training and skill improvement for plant electricians and other employees seeking to improve their work classification within their company on modern electronic circuits, programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and control systems.
Students who complete the ATS in Industrial Technology-Electronics will be able to:
1. Correctly and safely use a variety of electrical testing equipment.
2. Comprehend printed installation and service literature for complex electrical equipment.
3. Comprehend engineered drawings and blueprints.
4. Effectively use standardized automation software such as Rockwell or Siemens.
5. Communicate with other professions and the general public using terminology appropriate for the electrical service industry.
6. Establish or critique an existing electrical maintenance program.
7. Recognize different computer network strategies used with electronic control systems.
8. Service, repair and troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
9. Accrue hours toward a Washington state electrical license.
10. Use applied mathematics and precision measurement techniques.
11. Obtain certifications in: flagging, forklift/PIT operation, OSHA-10, first aid/CPR, NCRC.
Wenatchee Valley College
1300 Fifth St
Wenatchee, WA 98801