This tool is meant to make hiring easier for Washington’s aerospace and advanced manufacturing companies.
This is an ongoing list of Washington’s community and technical colleges that have aerospace and advanced manufacturing programs. Each listing details credits, program descriptions, skill sets (as taught in each program), contact information, and graduation dates.
Aerospace and advanced manufacturing industry companies can contact the community and technical college nearest to them and speak directly to an instructor about graduating students.
Principles of Precision Machining certificate students will be well positioned to begin a career in the machine trades by gaining basic machining competencies through their work on projects along with a thorough grounding in shop theory, applied math, and a special emphasis on CAD/CAM programming and CNC machining.
Precision Machining certificate graduates will be able to:
1. Safely produce a part with in print on a conventional lathe and on a conventional milling machine.
2. Accurately read precision measuring tools within .002”.
3. Read prints to industry’s standards and interpret manufacturing drawings and accurately determine tolerances on a blue print.
4. Visualize 3 dimensional shapes from two dimensional drawings using orthographic projection Write a basic G-code program to produce a tool path of a given shape.
5. Math used to solve typical machine shop problems using Algebra and Plane Geometry to: Accurately determine the upper and lower limits of dimension tolerances; Work though specific shop math formulas accurately; Visualize geometric shapes; Find specific Cartesian coordinates; solve typical machine shop problems using trigonometry.
6. Set up a CNC machine by:
7. Basic principles of Lean/Six Sigma manufacturing principles.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of the basic concepts of 5S, Cell Design and Pull Systems.
9. Basic principles the ISO 9001/AS9100 system and how a quality system is used in an organization.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
11605 132nd Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98034