This tool is meant to make hiring easier for Washington’s aerospace and advanced manufacturing companies.
This is an ongoing list of Washington’s community and technical colleges that have aerospace and advanced manufacturing programs. Each listing details credits, program descriptions, skill sets (as taught in each program), contact information, and graduation dates.
Aerospace and advanced manufacturing industry companies can contact the community and technical college nearest to them and speak directly to an instructor about graduating students.
The Engineering Graphics Mechanical Design Emphasis AAS-T degree prepares students for careers with mechanical engineering firms (e.g.: aeronautics, aerospace, medical, industrial manufacturing, etc.). Technicians are needed to translate the rough sketches, layouts, 3D design models, CAD designs, and written specifications of the engineer or designer into drawings and CAD databases showing the complete details and specifications for the finished product. Graduates are trained in engineering graphics with a mechanical design emphasis to work for companies which manufacture machinery, electrical equipment, computers and fabricated products.
Engineering Graphics Mechanical Design Emphasis AAS-T degree graduates will:
1. Be prepared for a range of entry level positions in the mechanical engineering field with the ability to be independent and self-directed.
2. Identify the elements and principles of mechanical design.
3. Complete comprehensive design projects.
4. Demonstrate industry ready skills and basic drafting fundamentals, concepts and techniques
5. Exhibit analytical thought, informed judgment, and ethical behavior.
6. Produce a professional resume, cover letter, and industry ready portfolio.
7. Demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and technical and information literacy skills.
8. Meet Social Science, Humanities, Written Communication, and Quantitative Reasoning distribution area outcomes.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
11605 132nd Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98034