This tool is meant to make hiring easier for Washington’s aerospace and advanced manufacturing companies.
This is an ongoing list of Washington’s community and technical colleges that have aerospace and advanced manufacturing programs. Each listing details credits, program descriptions, skill sets (as taught in each program), contact information, and graduation dates.
Aerospace and advanced manufacturing industry companies can contact the community and technical college nearest to them and speak directly to an instructor about graduating students.
This two-year program is designed to help students acquire and develop skills necessary to work in the manufacturing industry. The course integrates theory and practical applications in a fully equipped machine shop facility. Students study machining processes and procedures, properties of metals, blueprint reading, applied math, inspection techniques, Computer Aided Manufacturing utilizing MasterCAM software, and the operation of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machines. The CNC equipment includes Vertical and Horizontal Machining Centers as well as CNC Lathes with live tooling. When appropriate, students may be assigned to a cooperative workstation in industry. To earn an Associate of Applied Science Degree, the student must complete all requirements for the certificate program plus 20 credits of General Education.
Graduates of the Precision Machining Technologies program will:
1. Be able to demonstrate the proper use of machine tools such as lathes, mills, and CNC machines.
2. Earn a valid CPR/First Aid card and be aware of industry safety standards.
3. Be able to work in a teamwork environment and be able to communicate effectively in a multicultural workplace.
4. Have the ability to check and troubleshoot the proper and best tool for optimal performance and efficiency.
5. Complete a resume and have the ability to present himself or herself during a job interview.
6. Demonstrate professional appearance/demeanor.
Renton Technical College
3000 NE 4th St
Renton, WA 98056