06/15/18, 08/17/18, 12/13/18
Computer-Aided Drafting/Technical Design
This certificate prepares students for a growing number of entry-level jobs in engineering, construction, and architectural firms. Our laboratory is equipped with industry-standard computer-aided design (CAD) systems to provide state-of-the-art graphics training. Course work includes instruction and hands-on training in basic engineering, architectural, and drafting practices.
This certificate qualifies graduates for job titles such as Mechanical Drafter, Architectural Drafter, or Drafter.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of drafting conventions including symbols, line types, line weights and dimension styles as applicable to the design discipline.
2. Read architectural prints, solve common architectural problems, and produce 2-D and 3-D drawings by hand and using CAD software.
3. Complete a comprehensive design project using architectural drawings suitable for planning division approval and structural drawing to industry standards.
4. Describe the role and purpose of building codes and standards as they pertain to the life, health and safety of the public.
5. Illustrate the construction process from the transformation of an idea or need into a completed project.
6. Perform and support estimating functions, including national quantity, types, costs, labor requirements, equipment, and scheduling functions