To support Washington aerospace the role of the Center includes:
- Being a central source of information on education and training services available to meet the needs of strategic industry sectors and enhance the careers of students in these sectors.
- Acting as a communication conduit to Washington's education system about industry trends.
- Work with K-12 schools, colleges, universities, and apprenticeship programs when acting as brokers of information and resources.
In addition to its current goals, the Center also is responsible for:
- Engage employer and labor representatives from strategic industries in identifying both industry needs and student needs.
- Identify industry skill standards and industry-based certifications.
- Facilitate the creation of model programs of study that prepare students for careers in strategic industries.
- Coordinate with industry assistance organizations to connect businesses with needed services.
At the Center of Excellence for Aerospace and Advanced Materials Manufacturing, we are a one-stop resource center for education and industry in the state of Washington.