Assist and support the Security Department with day-to-day interpretation, implementation, enforcement and execution of the National Industrial Security Program, JAFAN and DoDM 5205.7 vol. 1-4, ensuring compliance with all applicable Federal security laws, directives and regulations.
- Reviews all security clearance applications for accuracy, completeness and submission via e-QIP, provides guidance and instruction to employees as necessary to ensure proper completion
- Fingerprints employees for submission with investigation requests
- Assists with the development, implementation and oversight of the security education program
- Conducts Security indoctrination briefings, debriefings, annual refresher briefings, and all other briefings as required
- Maintains security documentation and files in accordance with applicable requirements
- Conducts and participates in inspections (internal and external), and implements necessary actions to correct deficiencies and communicate with Government agencies on a continuous basis to obtain approvals and maintain compliance with applicable regulations
- Conducts security violation inquiries and investigations to assure potential compromises are thoroughly evaluated and reported, as required
- Performs JPAS duties to include (but is not limited to) initiating/tracking security clearance investigations, reporting adverse information/incident reports, initiating visit certification requests, etc.
- Provides facility alarm response
- Communicates with Government agencies as needed to obtain approvals and maintain compliance with NISPOMN, JAFAN 6/0, JAFAN 6/9, and DoDM 5205.07 Volume 1-4.
- Ensures compliance with security measures/controls for secured spaces
- Monitors/maintains the Visitor Control Program
- Performs other duties as assigned
Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting multiple competing deadlines and priorities. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION. Must have a DoD Secret clearance with NACLC investigation within the last 6 years; will be subject to government security investigations/reinvestigations as necessary, and must meet additional eligibility requirements for accessing classified information as required.
Preferred: Previous Security Specialist experience, to include basic knowledge of JPAS, e-QIP, ISFD, and e-FCL
Preferred: Familiarity with NISPOM, JAFAN’s, DoDM 5205.07 Volumes 1-4, DCID and applicable directives
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
High school diploma or equivalent is required
Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.