Resolves non-routine technical and/or complex service questions from customers, engineers and installation crews. Exercises judgment and discretion to reduce risk to the business by making decisions that account for commercial considerations and exposure. Issues of greater impact or technical complexity are reviewed in collaboration with the appropriate internal experts. Typical customer questions include product selection, application suitability, or resolution of field issues. This single-incumbent position is a key role in the organization, related to continued quality and successful business operations.
A. Essential Functions
- Leverages a complete knowledge of Romac products in order to provide technical/application expertise, and resolves field issues directly with customers. Analyzes and researches each unique situation to determine different possibilities and outcomes. Exercises discretion to commit company resources in the resolution of issues.
- Independently resolves complex technical inquiries from customers and internal customer service personnel.
- Recognizes potential liability and exposure to the organization when making product recommendations and providing solutions to field issues. The incumbent actively works to mitigate these risks.
- Provides customer drawings and writes submittals, letters of certification, and/or approval letters.
- Responds to emergency field calls/events over the phone, quantifies issue(s), and initiates a solution.
- Utilizes extensive knowledge of product and production capabilities to develop creative solutions to unexpected or unusual applications. Works closely with Engineering to define new products and/or improvements to existing ones.
- Coordinates product testing or utilizes engineering test database to assess product capabilities and establish increased product performance ratings based on a particular application.
- Performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
B. Additional Job Responsibilities
- Builds and maintains library of technical product information.
- Trains new Customer Service staff, Area Managers, and/or
- Engineers on Romac products. Organizes hands on installation demonstrations to further product training.
- Maintains, writes, and updates product specifications and installation requirements.
- Identifies repeat product issues and initiates design changes to resolve these deficiencies.
- Maintains records of customer calls.
- Prepares presentation materials and presents critical product information to key internal stakeholders.
C. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 5+ years of Romac product and production knowledge
- Strong communication skills: verbal, listening, written
- Effective computer skills: word processing, Excel, CAD, Oracle
- Able to work effectively in a deadline-intensive environment
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels of the business
- Able to read blueprints
- Able to use deductive reasoning, logic and analytical skills to understand customer problems and recommend solutions
- Able to use Sales and Engineering resources to resolve customer needs
D. Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working in an Engineering capacity
- Experience working in a fabrication role
- Knowledge of the waterworks industry