Cell Manager - manages the Cell crews associated with machining, fabricating, finishing and assembling composite tooling, metallic tooling or production parts. This includes: lay-up, vacuum compaction, infusions, tabbing, cures, assemblies, finishing, metrology, milling and shipping preparation of fibrous composite materials. Also included will be the timely completion of complicated assemblies and the manufacture of Production Parts in an AS9100 Certified Facility. Commitment to Quality and efficiency is required. Strong people management skills and the ability to communicate across multiple organizational boundaries and disciplines are critical, including management of up to 50 personnel on multiple shifts.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire.
The incumbent must appreciate the importance of regular training and constant learning and have the ability to extend that desire to employees.
The incumbent shall maintain a positive attitude that leads by example and emphasizes goals and expectations utilizing a variety of management techniques such as positive reinforcement and constructive criticism.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Cell Manager:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in a manufacturing cell
- Manages the various components of production in accordance with Customer Specifications and Requirements.
- Maintains heightened awareness of the project schedule for each project as it moves through the value stream in order to meet key project deadlines and budget performance
- Anticipates and mitigates obstacles in production cycle
- Estimates production times, and staffing requirements to provide information for management decisions
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow; ensures adequate resources are available to complete assigned tasks
- Identifies areas for improvement among cell members and implements on the job and cross training accordingly to create a more capable and homogeneous team
- Ensures the processes and procedures are executed in accordance with project management guidelines
- Works with Project Managers and Manufacturing Engineers to identify and mitigate risk in the production process
- Takes responsibility for the cleanliness and organization of the work cell to 5S standards and JI Safety Standards
- Performs on the job training, AS9100, Nadcap training and other training as required
- Takes responsibility for maintaining tool inventory and availability within the cell and ensures accountability from individual employees
- Ensures WO’s and proper quantities of materials, components, and tools are available before a project begins
- Prepares and provides reports for operations management through passdowns and using SAP.
- Recognizes when direction/plans are not clear within the cell, and resolve the issues
- Assigns metrology and other critical resource tasks
- Ensures documentation of processes accomplished by work cell is complete, accurate, and timely including part tagging and routing
- Audits and reviews work packets with the Leads before and during each activity.
- Accesses and preforms basic training with JI Quality Management System (QCBD)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of your job.
U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency may be required due to access to sensitive data and our coverage under EAR and ITAR regulations.
US Citizenship and a current DoD SECRET security clearance is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must have 3-5 years specialized training after high school or equivalent on-the-job training particular to job description
- Must have 1-3 years actual related job experience
- Will require various Clean Room Certifications, which can be qualified with on-the-job training.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Composite experience preferred. Must be familiar with a variety of the fields' concepts, practices and procedures; must be able to rely on extensive experience, problem-solving skills and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must have good communication and team-building skills. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products and project planning software
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
Job duties may include one or more of the following:
- Develops composite experience with differing layup and infusion methods including pre-preg
- Develops knowledge and experience on repair techniques across a wide range of materials, composites, metals, etc.
- Works directly with Manufacturing Engineers to facilitate lean company goals
- Oversees intricate fastening, welding, assembly, and tabbing activities
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran/Drug Free Employer.