Drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, lift beam, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch. A forklift is used to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials.
The following essential job functions are performed:
- Obtains Janicki Forklift Certification, B and A
- Operates levers and pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids boxes, products, or materials, and transports load to designated areas
- Assists other forklift operators in moving patterns or parts that require 2 forklifts or pallet lifting device
- Assist Crane operators in rolling patterns, tools and parts
- Weighs materials on request
- Complies with all JI Safety, 5S and HazMat and Recycle practices
- Inventories materials and/or patterns and tools on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Maintains an Inventory/map of patterns and metal frame devices in outside storage areas
- Lubricates truck, recharges battery, fills fuel tank, or replaces liquefied gas tank
- Performs other duties as assigned
Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of your job
U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION. Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency may be required due to access to sensitive data and our coverage under EAR and ITAR regulations.
High school diploma or GED required. Must have current Drivers License and previous on-the-job training.
Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Computer, printer, hand wrenches, cordless drill, power drill, bench grinder, forklift, overhead crane, snorkel/scissor lift, & company vehicles
Exposed to dust, loud noises, chemical fumes and weather
Janicki Industries is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.